Happy Friday and welcome everyone, to the second edition of Camp Notes for the Classic (Friday) slate of Preseason Week 1. My name is Alex Krall (@AlexKrallDFS on twitter), and as DPA’s head of football content, I’ve dug up preseason and training camp reports on ALL relevant skill position players for every team competing in this Week 1 slate, including the four teams matching up on Friday night.
Last night, the Red Zone Report (my abbreviated CORE group article) went absolutely nuts as our NFL team of staff and subs raked in thousands of dollars in winnings. Here were my results:
And here’s a clip from some of our VIPs via the DPA Wall of Wins:
Today’s slate features four teams, the Bucs, Steelers, Vikings and Saints. Outside of the summaries for each team, you will find a tiered system outlining our preference for particular players on each team. A separate article will be released Friday afternoon detailing our CORE for the Friday night slate that you certainly won’t want to miss. The Red Zone Report will be available to DPA Premium members exclusively after all updates on playing time are collected. In order to be able to view the Red Zone Report (Core Play) article, we encourage you to sign up for a free 30 day all-access trial of our VIP services at https://dailyplayaction.com/dpa-premium-offer
Please stay tuned to the DPA #NFL Slack network on Friday between 5:30PM and 7:00PM for updates and live Q+A as more news becomes available following release of this afternoon’s Red Zone Report / Core Play Article.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1st Tier Plays: RB | Ronald Jones, WR | Bobo Wilson
2nd Tier Plays: WR | Bryant Mitchell
- RB | Ronald Jones will run with the two’s, thus will likely see at least a quarter of playing time on Friday. Has improved pass-catching and elusiveness in the off-season, and should be one of more talented players on the field when the two’s get their time.
- WR | Bobo Wilson has been praised by Jameis Winston in his press conferences recently. Has made several spectacular plays and has been the Bucs best depth WR in camp.
- WR | Bryant Mitchell is on the outside looking in, yet has made several amazing catches in training camp practices. We expect a decent sized audition to come Friday as he remains buried on the depth chart.
1st Tier Plays: WR | James Washington, QB | Mason Rudolph
2nd Tier Plays: TE | Zach Gentry, RB | Benny Snell Jr.,
Suggested Stack: Rudolph – Washington
- WR | James Washington, a 2018 2nd rd pick, was a stud in the preseason last year, hauling in 7 balls for 158 yards and 2 TDs. Has turned heads in training camp once again, and will battle Donte Moncrief for the WR2 job on Friday night.
- RB | Benny Snell Jr., Pittsburgh’s 4th round pick this year, will be tasked with trying to unseat 2nd stringer Jaylen Samuels for the RB2 role. Should get reps here as coaches look to see what they have with him.
- QB | Mason Rudolph, the Steelers 3rd round pick in 2018, should see ample reps as he looks to prove himself worthy of their day 1 selection on him.
- TE | Zach Gentry, Pittsburgh’s 5th round pick this season is currently buried on the depth chart. Given that the Steelers have yet to kick the tires on him, we expect a decent workload.
1st Tier Plays: RB | Alexander Mattison, TE | Tyler Conklin
2nd Tier Plays: WR | Brandon Zylstra
- RB | Alexander Mattison, the 2019 3rd round pick, excels in short yardage situations, thus can be relied on for production near the goal line. Battling for the No. 2 RB job.
- TE | Tyler Conklin, the 2018 5th round pick, has gotten more buzz than 2019 2nd round pick, Irv Smith, or incumbent starter Kyle Rudolph.
- WR | Chad Beebe has been the most impressive non-bubble WR, and seems to have a firm grasp on the WR3 role between Thielen and Diggs. Will know more on playing time as the day rolls on.
- WR | Brandon Zylstra has caught multiple TDs in practice, and seems to be in pole position to land the WR5 job. His spot on the bubble has me thinking he’ll see a hefty chunk of audition time on the field.
New Orleans Saints
1st Tier Plays: QB | Taysom Hill, RB | Devine Ozigbo, WR | Tre’Quan Smith
2nd Tier Plays: QB | Teddy Bridgewater, WR | Lil’Jordan Humphrey, WR | Emmanuel Butler
- RB | Devine Ozigbo is expected to see the lion’s share of the work as he appears to have a hold on the RB3 currently. Was a stud at Nebraska, scoring 12 TDs on 1,100 rush yds.
- QB | Teddy Bridgewater, the former Vikings starter is likely to play 1+ quarters on Friday. Easily the most talented QB that will see adequate time on this slate.
- QB | Taysom Hill will see about a half of football on Friday. Has proven rushing upside.
- WR | Tre’Quan Smith is slotted in as the Saints 4th receiver, but was an absolute stud in last year’s preseason, recording 15 receptions for 189 yards through 4 games.
- WR | Lil’Jordan Humphrey was a very impressive receiver for the Texas Longhorns last year before seeing his draft stock plummet for a bad combine. Likely to see a half.
- WR | Emmanuel Butler has displayed wide catch radius, run-after-catch ability and a high level of effort throughout camp. Should also see the better part of a half.
Thank you very much for taking the time to catch up on Training Camp with me. Premium members, please take note that a Slack Q+A follow up for Friday’s NFL classic preseason slate will take place at 6:00PM EST. To test out our VIP slack network and ask us questions about your rosters, head over to dailyplayaction.com/dpa-premium-offer and start your free 30 day trial of DPA Premium. Also, don’t forget to follow Alex on twitter @AlexKrallDFS and our site @dailyplayaction in order to find the most current preseason info and analysis!