1st Tier Plays: Titans D/ST, RB | Jeremy McNichols, QB | Ryan Tannehill, QB | Logan Woodside, WR/KR | Kalif Raymond, WR | Cody Hollister
2nd Tier Plays:RB | Akeem Hunt, WR | A.J. Brown, WR | Taywan Taylor
RB | Jeremy McNichols with Titans D/ST
QB | Logan Woodside – WR/KR Kalif Raymond
QB | Ryan Tannehill with WR | Cody Hollister
- QB | Ryan Tannehill has made the most of his 51 snaps in the preseason, going 19/27 for 214 yards and 3 TDs – 0 INTs over the first two games. Tannehill has performed better than any other QB available on this slate, the only question is how much playing time he gets.
- QB | Logan Woodside should see the majority of the 2nd half snaps on Sunday with experienced starters Marcus Mariota and Ryan Tannehill entrenched ahead of him. Has led Titans QBs with 65 snaps throughout the first two games of the preseason.
- RB | Jeremy McNichols (RB4) is making the most of his opportunities as a pass-catcher and is likely to see the lion’s share of the workload with Derrick Henry, David Fluellen and Dalyn Dawkins all likely to sit this game out. McNichols has logged 63 snaps through the first two preseason games.
- RB | Akeem Hunt should be the second beneficiary in line for carries if all of the above RBs are listed out. We prefer McNichols as the preferred play tonight.
- WR | Kalif Raymond impressed with the Giants last year in training camp and serves as a dual-purpose WR/KR. Has earned some first team reps over the first two weeks of team practices, and has 7 receptions for 101 yards over two games and 52 snaps.
- WR | Cody Hollister caught 4 balls for 58 yards and a TD in the opener against Philly, and logged more snaps (38) than any other Titans WR in their 2nd game. Is in a dead heat with Kalif Raymond and Darius Jennings for the 6th WR spot on the Titans roster.
- WR | Taywan Taylor is looking to bounce back from a rough camp and ascend the depth chart with a good performance on Saturday. The speedster should get looks as he missed the first preseason game, and still needs to convince coaches that he’s sharp. Has 4 receptions for 43 yards over 69 snaps through two preseason games.
- WR | A.J. Brown, the Titans 2nd round pick out of Ole Miss, played 15 snaps in his first game last week. Brown has looked good in practice since his debut, and Tennessee’s coaching staff will want to see more out of him in their second outing tonight.
1st Tier Plays: Steelers D/ST, WR | James Washington, WR | Diontae Johnson (Q)
2nd Tier Plays: QB | Mason Rudolph, WR | Tevin Jones, TE | Zach Gentry, QB | Josh Dobbs, RB | James Conner, WR | Juju Smith-Schuster, RB | Jaylen Samuels
Suggested Stack: Mason Rudolph – James Washington / Diontae Johnson
- QB | Mason Rudolph, the Steelers 3rd round pick in 2018, should see ample reps as he looks to prove himself worthy of their day 1 selection on him. Will split the majority of this game’s reps with QB | Josh Dobbs who hasn’t performed as well this preseason.
- RB | James Conner is the most talented RB on tonight’s slate, and should see about a quarter of playing time. If he sees a half of playing time, Conner becomes a core play.
- RB | Jaylen Samuels saw snap counts of 8 snaps and 9 snaps in his first two preseason games. Last week, Samuels made the most of his playing time rushing 4 times for 26 yards and a TD.
- RB | Trey Edmunds and RB | Malik Williams are in line to receive a bump in snap totals if Benny Snell Jr. is held out tonight.
- RB | Benny Snell Jr., Pittsburgh’s 4th round pick this year, is questionable after missing practice Thursday with a groin injury. I doubt the Steelers risk re-injuring him any further as he will definitely feature in the Steelers regular season rotation.
- WR | Juju Smith-Schuster is the most talented WR on tonight’s slate, and should see about a quarter of playing time. If he sees a half or more, he becomes a core play.
- WR | James Washington, a 2018 2nd rd pick, was a stud in the preseason last year, hauling in 7 balls for 158 yards and 2 TDs. Washington has turned heads in the preseason once again, and led Pittsburgh receivers with 4 receptions, 84 yards and a TD in game 1, while amassing 4 receptions for 78 yards against in game 2 against the Chiefs. Has seen the second most snaps among Steelers WRs with a total of 57 over two games, and his combination of talent and opportunity makes him our lock of the slate.
- WR | Diontae Johnson (Questionable) led the Steelers WR group with 45 snaps last week in his Steelers debut. The 2019 3rd round pick has posted a stat line of 3-46-1, and is in line for opportunity with the 1’s and 2’s tonight if he can manage to suit up.
- WR | Tevin Jones caught a TD on 3 receptions for 24 yards against the Bucs defense while leading the Steelers receiving corps with 44 snaps played in game 1. As one of the players that’s on the bubble for a roster spot, we expect Jones to get opportunities to perform in the 2nd half of tonight’s game.
- TE | Zach Gentry (Questionable), Pittsburgh’s 2019 5th round pick is currently buried on the depth chart. Gentry made his debut against the Bucs catching a TD on 3 receptions for 17 yards. If he can play tonight, he makes for an interesting GPP flier.