Hello and welcome everyone to the first ever edition of The Daily Dollar. My name is Joey Zanette, and my specialty is assisting Playmakers in finding the best value plays on the NFL DFS slate for DraftKings! For the format of this article, I am going to provide quick hits on each player to simplify it for those pressed for time.
QB | Jameis Winston | Tampa Bay Buccaneers | vs. New York Giants
- Depressed price on DraftKings due to a lackluster start of the season.
- Prime bounce back spot against the Giants Defense who rank 31st against the pass.
- The Giants surrendered 35 points to Dallas in Week 1 and 28 to Buffalo in Week 2.
- The Bucs have a pass first offense led by new head coach Bruce Arians. He is an offensive mastermind, which will serve the Bucs well against an awful secondary.
- Serves as a great piece of a game stack that may get overlooked, but has the potential for a shootout.
- Winston has a solid supporting cast with the likes of Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, and O.J. Howard to pass too. We can expect a boost in production for all of Winston’s weapons.
QB | Daniel Jones | New York Giants | vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Jones is mis-priced this week due to the release of pricing prior to being named the starting QB. This is the cheapest the rookie will come all season.
- Jones will face off against a Tampa Bay team that allowed 31 points Week 1 vs. SF.
- A seemingly injured Cam Newton still managed to throw for 333 yards in Week 2 against this Bucs squad.
- Jones who impressed in the 2019 Preseason, had a career 60% completion rate in 3 years at Duke where he amassed 8,201 yards with a 122.9 QB rating.
- Jones went an impressive 29-34 for 416 yards and two TDs through only 60 snaps in the preseason
- Sterling Shepard practiced on Thursday, and should be good to go on Sunday allowing for yet another option in the pass game, joining the likes of Evan Engram and Saquon Barkley.
- With a 4.5 40-yard-dash speed, Jones is a threat to accrue points on the ground as well.
QB | Mason Rudolph | Pittsburgh Steelers | vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Rudolph is priced as a backup QB who is taking the reins of a competent offense this week.
- He went 12-19 for 112 yards and 2 Tds (1 INT) in a half of football in Week 2.
- Rudolph had a pretty good preseason where he was 28-43 for 368 yards and 4 TDs (1 INT).
- The Steelers have a myriad of weapons around Rudolph in WR Juju Smith-Schuster, TE Vance McDonald, WR James Washington, RB James Conner, and RB Jalen Samuels who could contribute to his success this week.
- I reserve this play for deep GPP tourney play only, and consider Rudolph as a high variance boom or bust option.
WR | J.J. Arcega-Whiteside | Philadelphia Eagles | vs. Detroit Lions
- JAWS is in line for a full a full workload this week due to injuries to WRs DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery.
- He is a cheap and low owned pivot off what will be a very chalky Nelson Agholor.
- Unlike last week where he was thrown into a game where he wasn’t expected to play much, JAWS has had all week to build rapport with Carson Wentz in practice.
- He is a big-bodied physical wide receiver, and is built to handle ample opportunity in the red zone.
- He had a very nice showing in the preseason, during which he was showcased for a stat line of 12-147-1. Albeit against many backups, 8-104-1 of this statline came against Baltimore.
WR | Devin Smith | Dallas Cowboys | vs. Miami Dolphins
- Devin Smith should fit into the Michael Gallup role this week due to the latter’s knee injury.
- Dallas are 21 point home favorites with the highest implied team total of the week (34.25 points).
- Miami has looked dreadful in all phases of the game this season, and rank dead last in the NFL against the pass.
- Another preseason hero, Devin Smith posted a stat line of 14-188-1 in August this year.
- Also in a limited role last week after joining the 1st team when Gallop exited, Smith grabbed 3 receptions for 77 yards and a TD. The TD came on a 51 yard pass play.
- Smith has tremendous speed, and ran his 40 yard dash in 4.42 seconds at the combine- a number good enough for 89th percentile amongst all prospects.
- Smith will also have the absolute best CB matchup this week per Pro Football Focus with a +64% Advantage against the Dolphins disappointing cornerback, Eric Rowe.
WR | James Washington | Pittsburgh Steelers | $3,500 vs. San Francisco 49ers.
- Washington will start in 3 WR sets due to Donte Moncrief’s benching.
- He has had excellent rapport with QB Mason Rudolph who played alongside Washington at Oklahoma State University.
- Yet another preseason stud over the last 2 seasons posting a 17-336-3 stat line.
- A should-be low owned Mason Rudolph and James Washington stack will allow you to pay up at nearly any other position this week.
- Nelson Agholor profiles as a chalky free square in cash game lineups on Sunday. Don’t over think this one.
- Dallas RB Tony Pollard is $3,800, and Patriots RB Rex Burkhead is $3,900. Both could see an increase in volume this week due to potential blowouts at hand against AFC East dungeon dwellers Miami and NYJ. Both RBs should be considered only for large field GPP tournaments due to their volatile nature.
Joey Zanette is a writer and contributor for the DailyPlayAction NFL and MLB teams. While he expresses his opinions for the optional use of subscribers, he is free to change his plays without discretion. We encourage you to follow us on twitter at @dailyplayaction and @joeyz_dpa. For more free DFS videos and analysis, subscribe to the Daily Play Action YouTube Channel.