Hello and welcome everyone to The Daily Dollar: Week 5 Edition. My name is Joey Zanette, and my specialty is assisting Playmakers in finding the best value plays on the NFL DFS slate for DraftKings! For the format of this article, I am going to provide quick hits on each player to simplify it for those pressed for time.
QB | Chase Daniel | Chicago Bears | vs. Oakland Raiders | $4,800
- Cheapest Viable starting QB on DraftKings that allows to cram in preferred high priced players.
- Chase had a good showing in relief of Mitch Trubisky last week with a stat line of 22-195-1 on 30 pass attempts vs. a stout Minnesota Defense.
- This week, the Bears face Oakland who rank 27th DVOA vs. the pass.
- Cheap stack GPP possibility with Javon Wims who will be starting in place of Taylor Gabriel.
- Daniel has some offensive weapons at his disposal such as WR Allen Robinson, RB Tarik Cohen, RB David Montgomery as well as WR Javon Wims and TE Trey Burton.
- 2 of Daniels WRs have top 18 CB matchups this week per PFF. (Miller +26% ADV and Allen Robinson +17% ADV)
RB | Ronald Jones II | Tampa Bay Buccaneers | vs. New Orleans Saints | $4,600
- Ronald Jones seems to be taking over the lead back duty for The Bucs.
- He has had 14 and 19 rushing attempts and 1 reception in each of the last 2 weeks.
- He is facing The Saints this week who rank in the middle of the NFL vs. the run at 15th DVOA.
- Very cheap price tag will allow you to pay up at other positions this week in GPP.
- He is averaging 14 DK points per week over his last 2 games and has rushed for 70 and 80 yards respectively in those games (including 1 TD).
- The Buccaneers have an implied total of 21.75 vs. The Saints who have a 24.75 total. This game sets up as a potential shootout.
- With a 4.53 – 40 yard dash, Jones has big play potential that could smash value if he gets loose.
RB | Miles Sanders | Philadelphia Eagles | vs. New York Jets | $4,500
- Rookie RB Miles Sanders is starting to heat up on his way to a break out performance.
- Facing a Jets team that Ranks 11th DVOA vs. the run, but will have positive game script the entire game.
- The Eagles have one of the biggest O-Line mismatches of the week. They rank 3rd as a Unit facing a Jets D-Line that ranks 30th. Running lanes should be wide open.
- Sanders is the Eagles primary pass catching back as Howard doesn’t run many routes and Sproles seems to have fallen out of favor in the game-plan.
- Although Howard stole the show last week with 3 TDs, Sanders quietly carried the ball 11 times for 72 yards on the ground.
- Also the Eagles primary kick returner, Sanders is due for some positive TD regression either on the ground or through the air as he has yet to score an NFL regular season TD. (He had 2 called back so far this season due to Penalty). I feel he will get in the box this weekend vs. the hapless Jets.
Chris Thompson | WAS | $4,600, Carlos Hyde | HOU | $4,300.
WR | Auden Tate | Cincinnati Bengals | vs. Arizona Cardinals | $3,500
- Auden Tate, next man up, is making the most of his opportunities thus far filling in for the injured John Ross.
- He has yet to “break out” but he has caught 10 of 16 targets, good for 138 receiving yards over his last 2 games.
- Seeing his first starting role of the season, Tate is vastly underpriced and can be a candidate for making your GPP lineups look very nice this weekend.
- Cinci is averaging 46.2 pass plays per game which is good for 3rd most in the NFL. Opportunity for Tate to shine will be abundant.
- Arizona ranks 22nd DVOA vs. the pass and are still down 2 starting CB’s making this matchup all the more favorable.
WR | Michael Gallup | Dallas Cowboys | vs. Green Bay Packers | $5,000
- Michael Gallup says he will be good to go this week heading into a NFC matchup with future playoff seeding implications and tiebreaker scenarios vs. the Green Bay Packers.
- Dallas has an implied total of 25.25, which is the 4th highest total of the slate.
- I am targeting this game as a likely shootout acting as a late hammer being the most fantasy relevant late game of the main slate this Sunday.
- Gallup is at a major discount at 5k considering the splash play ability he possesses.
- Gallup had a ridiculous 24.2% target share through his first 2 games of the season before injury.
- I am reserving this play for GPP only due to the talent in the Packers Secondary, but Michael Gallup has shown he can blow coverage and make big plays at the Pro level.
Honorable Mention: KeeSean Johnson | ARI | $3,500
DEF | Carolina Panthers | vs. Jacksonville | $2,600
- I loved the Panthers as a bargain defense last week, and I am going right back to the well again this week against the Jags.
- The Panthers are averaging 9.3 DK points per week thus far.
- The Panthers have posted 18 Sacks, 4 INT, and 1 fumble recovery so far on the year.
- Facing a banged up Gardner Minshew (Knee) could limit his mobility and allow for more sacks on Sunday.
- The Jags have the 5th lowest implied point total of the slate with 18.75 projected points.
Thank you for joining us as we continue our coverage of NFL Week 5 on DPA Premium. Joey Zanette is a writer and contributor for the DailyPlayAction NFL and MLB teams. While he expresses his opinions for the optional use of subscribers, he is free to change his plays without discretion. We encourage you to follow us on twitter at @dailyplayaction and @joeyz_dpa. For more free DFS videos and analysis, subscribe to the Daily Play Action YouTube Channel.