Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a first look Core-5 of MLB DFS Picks to get your lineups started, as well as a few additional plays to consider. These picks work for both DraftKings and FanDuel. We’ll be researching and digging for the best plays throughout the day, so be sure to keep an eye out for our Stack Report, and Premium Core plays closer to lock.
P | Danny Duffy | Kansas City Royals FD: $7,600 | DK: $7,700
Opponent: Texas Rangers
1.Rangers have a 34.7% K% to lefties away from home
2.Rangers power has been limited to lefties, which is magnified on the road with a dismal ISO of .130
3.Duffy has limited Hard Contact very well this year, only having a HCR of 28% and has an extremely high GB % of 48.1%.
4.Duffy’s strike out numbers are skewed a bit as he has faced two teams with extremely low K% vs lefties. In his one game vs the Rays (who are similar to the Rangers he had a K/9 of 9.
Also Consider: Chris Sale (BOS) Charlie Morton (TBR) Caleb Smith (MIA)
1B: Paul Goldschmidt | St Louis Cardinals | FD:$4,000 | DK:$4,300
Opposing Pitcher: Mike Foltynewicz
1. Goldschmidt is starting to be rewarded for the way he’s been hitting the ball, with his salary normally above 5k when he’s himself; we can’t ignore his salary being this low
2. Goldschmidt has always been somewhat of a reverse splits guy, this year is no different and he has an .ISO of .226 and a WRC+ of 129.
3. Foltynewicz has a WOBA of .449 vs RHH and is allowing a slugging % of .697.
4. Foltynewicz is allowing a hard contact rate of 43.3% to RHH.
Also Consider: Pete Alonso (NYM) Yuri Gurriel (HOU) Justin Smoak (TOR)
3B: Vlad Guerrero Jr. | Toronto Blue Jays | FD:$2,700 | DK:$3,500
Opposing Pitcher : Tyler Beede
1. I am calling the Vlad show to finally break out here, his Average exit velocity being above 90mph and his low BABIP suggest he has been unluckyso far.
2. Vladdy has looked good over the last series, numbers suggest that he should be due for some sort of breakout
3. Beede has been shelled this year, he has allowed 9 runs in 4.1 inning’s this year
4. Beede has a HCR against of 42%, he is being hit hard!
Also Consider : Alex Bregman (HOU) Jeff McNeil (NYM) Eric Sogard (TOR)
OF: George Springer | Houston Astros | FD:$4,700 | DK:$5,800
Opposing Pitcher : Ryan Carpenter
1.George Springer is the hottest hitter in baseball with 14 hits in his last 5 games ( 4 HR’s, 1 double ).
2. Springer has an .ISO of 500 vs lefties
3. Springer has an average exit velocity of 91.8% with a ridiculous 16.4% barrell rate! He is crushing the ball!
4.Carpenter was shelled in his only start, giving up 2 HR’s and 6 Earned in 5 innings vs the Angels
Also Consider : Mookie Betts (BOS) Michael Conforto (NYM)
OF: Jose Martinez | St Louis Cardinals | FD:$3,600 | DK:$4,100
Opposing Pitcher: Mike Foltynewicz
- As stated above, Foltynewicz is getting hit hard by RHH at a 43.3% rate.
- Foltynewicz velocity is down almost 3 MPH in every pitch, which has resulted in every pitch getting hit harder than league average
- Martinez has an average exit velocity of 90.6 MPH and a hard contact rate of 42.4% demonstrating great power numbers
- Martinez has hit Curveballs and change-ups well this year, which are Foltynewicz worst performing pitches.
Also Consider: Mitch Haniger (SEA) Randal Grichuk (TOR)
Zachary Williamson is a DailyPlayAction MLB expert, and shares his player research/projections for MLB on DraftKings and FanDuel. Trevor plays on both sites himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.