Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a first look Core-5 of MLB DFS Picks to get your lineups started, as well as a few additional plays to consider. These picks work for both DraftKings and FanDuel. We’ll be researching and digging for the best plays throughout the day, so be sure to keep an eye out for our Stack Report, and Premium Core plays closer to lock.
P | Clayton Kershaw | Los Angeles Dodgers FD:$9,800 | DK: $9,800
Opponent: Tampa Bay Rays
1.Rays have a 33.6 K% vs lefties at home.
2.They also have a ground ball % in the same split of 47.5% which plays into Kershaw’s strength with a GB% of 53.3%
3. Kershaw has a K/9 over 9 in the last 3 games just under 9 for the season, the strike out upside is obviously here.
4. Kershaw’s current swinging strike rate is 12.1%
Also Consider: Carson Smith (Mia) Eduardo Rodriguez (Bos)
1B | Paul Goldschmidt | St Louis Cardinals | FD:$4,000 | DK:$4,800
Opposing Pitcher: Homer Bailey
1. Bailey is allowing a 55.7% HCR to Righties, getting absolutely mashed.
2.Bailey is allowing a shaky wOBA of .338 to Righties this season.
3. Goldschmidt has an ISO of .201 vs Righties, showing raw power.
4.Paul Goldschmidt has a HCR of 52.4% vs RHP.
2B/3B(DK) SS(FD) | Ehire Adrianza |Minnesota Twins | FD:$2,200 | DK:$3,300
Opposing Pitcher : Matt Harvey
1.Great Value; has paid off Value+ in 4 of his last 7 games
2. Since May 12th, he has 2 Doubles 2 HRs, with an average of .467.
3. In last week’s game vs Harvey he had 16 DKP and 22.2 FDP.
4. Matt Harvey has allowed a 55.9% HCR this season.
Also Consider: Josh Bell (Pitt), C.J. Cron (Min), Logan Forsythe (Tex), Jeff McNeil (NYM)
OF | Hunter Pence | Texas Rangers | FD: $3,900 DK: $5,100
Opposing Pitcher : Tommy Milone
1.Tommy Milone allowed a wOBA .432 to RHH last year.
2. Tommy Milone allowed a HCR of 40% to RHH last year.
3.Pence has an ISO of .250 vs LHP this season, showing great power.
4. Pence has a wOBA of .349 vs LHP this year.
OF | Eddie Rosario | Minnesota Twins | FD: $4,200| DK: $4,100
Opposing Pitcher: Matt Harvey
1.Eddie Rosario has a .ISO of .250 vs RHP
2.Rosario has a of 40% vs RHP while having a low BABIP showing he’s been a tad unlucky
3.Matt Harvey has a 55.9 HcR to LHH getting mashed
4.Rosario has a wOBA of .436 vs Matt Harvey career
Also Consider:Christian Yelich (Mil), Max Kepler (Min)
Zachary Williamson is a DailyPlayAction MLB expert, and shares his player research/projections for MLB on DraftKings and FanDuel. Trevor plays on both sites himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.