Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a first look Core-5 of MLB DFS Picks to get your lineups started, as well as a few additional plays to consider. These picks work for both DraftKings and FanDuel. We’ll be researching and digging for the best plays throughout the day, so be sure to keep an eye out for our Stack Report, and Premium Core plays closer to lock.
theDPA ‘Leading Off’ Core 5:
P | Mike Soroka | Atlanta Braves | $10,800 FanDuel | $11,600 DraftKings
Opponent: Miami Marlins
1. He is pitching in the #3 most pitcher friendly ballpark.
2. Miami has a .123 ISO vs. Right-handed pitchers this season.
3. His lowest score on the season is 30 points on FD & he’s averaging 40.22 FPPG on FD.
4. Atlanta is favored -192 on the money line.
Also consider: Jacob deGrom (NYM), Gerrit Cole (HOU), Brandon Woodruff (MIL).
1B| Edwin Encarnacion | Seattle Mariners | $4,100 FanDuel | $3,600 DraftKings
Opponent: Andrew Heaney (Los Angeles Angels)
1. Batting lead-off tonight with a platoon advantage.
2. He is averaging 28.4 FPPG over his last 2 games on FD.
3. Fairly priced on both sites with great upside.
4. R/L Splits over last 20 games: .432 wOBA and .348 ISO.
2B | DJ LeMahieu | New York Yankees | $3,800 FanDuel | $5,200 DraftKings
Opponent: Zach Plesac (Cleveland Indians)
1. LeMahieu is batting leadoff for the NYY with a 4.7 run implied total.
2. Preferred option on FD due to price.
3. He has averaged 31.7 FD points over his past 2 games.
4. Plesac is giving up more power to RHB’s with a .179 ISO.
5. Splits of .212 ISO and .403 wOBA over his last 20 games.
Also consider: M. Moustakas (MIL), K. Hiura- value play (MIL), D. Dietrich (CIN), Y. Grandal (MIL), R. Hoskins (PHI), F. Freeman (ATL), J. Abreu (CHW), J. Smoak (TOR).
OF | Mike Trout | Los Angeles Angels) | $4,800 FanDuel | $4,300 DraftKings
Opponent: Marcos Gonzales (Seattle Mariners)
1. Trout has 22 points or more in 6 of his last 8 games on FanDuel.
2. .524 wOBA and .208 ISO splits over his last 20 games vs. LHP.
3. Hitting .462/.533/.808 against M. Gonzales last 30 PA.
4. Multi HR upside.
5. Top 20% batter vs LHP.
OF | Bryce Harper | Philadelphia Phillies | $4,100 FanDuel | $4,700 DraftKings
Opponent: Tyler Mahle (Cincinnati Reds)
1. Batting 2nd with a 5.3 implied run total.
2. Top 15% batter vs RHP.
3. Cincinnati Bullpen is 28th against LHBs.
4. Mahle gives up a .252 ISO and .380 wOBA to LHBs.
5. Citizens Bank Park is the #9 most hitter friendly ballpark.
Also consider: M. Betts (BOS), A. Benintendi (BOS), A. Hicks (NYY), C. Yelich (MIL), G. Polanco (PIT), A. Meadows (TB), J. Bruce (PHI), A. Garcia (TB), Pence (TEX), Conforto (NYM), B. Buxton (MIN).
Joey Zanette is a DailyPlayAction MLB expert, and shares his player research/projections for MLB on DraftKings and FanDuel. Joey plays on both sites himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.