Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a first look Core-5 of MLB DFS Picks to get your lineups started, as well as a few additional plays to consider. These picks work for both DraftKings and FanDuel. We’ll be researching and digging for the best plays throughout the day, so be sure to keep an eye out for our Stack Report, and Premium Core plays closer to lock.
theDPA ‘Leading Off’ Core 5:
P | Eduardo Rodriguez | Boston Red Sox | $8,500 FanDuel | $8,000 DraftKings
Opponent: Baltimore Orioles
1. E-Rod has a nice K prop tonight of 6.6 K’s.
2. The Red Sox are heavily favored to win with a -195 money line.
3. He is fairly priced on both DK and FD allowing u to get some big power bats in on a slate which looks to be very high scoring.
4. Baltimore struggles vs LHP and has a .282 wOBA and .130 ISO vs lefties.
Also consider: Gerrit Cole (HOU), Max Scherzer (BOS), and Robbie Ray (ARI).
1B | Jesus Aguilar | Milwaukee Brewers | $2,400 FanDuel | $3,200 DraftKings
Opponent: Drew Pomeranz (San Fransisco Giants)
1. Projected to bat 3rd tonight for the Brewers with a 4.3 run total.
2. Pomeranz struggles vs. RHB and gives up .266 ISO to righties.
3. Value bat with power upside to get bigger bats in your lineup.
4. Platoon advantage vs. Pomeranz and Aguilar hits lefties much better than RHP.
2B | Mike Moustakas | Milwaukee Brewers | $4,000 FanDuel | $5,200 DraftKings
Opponent: Drew Pomeranz (San Francisco Giants)
1. Mous has been excellent over his last 6 games averaging 23.3 FD points per game.
2. Crazy L/R splits with a .600 ISO and .493 wOBA over his last 20 games.
3. Batting clean up with the wind blowing out at 10 Mph.
4. Pomeranz gives on 36.8% hard contact and this is a good spot for mouse to homer tonight.
5. Moustakas is a top 20% batter vs. lefties despite being a leftie himself.
Also consider: F. Freeman (ATL), T. Story (COL), N. Arenado (COL), D. Murphy (COL), C.J. Cron (MIN), M. Olson (OAK), O. Albies (ATL), B. Dozier (WAS), C. Santana (CLE), E. Encarnacion (SEA).
OF | Charlie Blackmon | Colorado Rockies | $4,300 FanDuel | $5,800 DraftKings
Opponent: Marcos Gonzales (Seattle Mariners)
1. Blackmon is finally heating up and has 4 HR’s in his last 4 games.
2. He has an unbelievable .567 wOBA and .545 ISO splits over his last 20 games vs. RHP.
3. Quantrill gives up .444 wOBA and .317 ISO to Left hand bats.
4. Multi HR upside.
5. Cheap price on FanDuel for the upside he carries tonight.
OF | Nelson Cruz | Philadelphia Phillies | $3,800 FanDuel | $4,900 DraftKings
Opponent: Brad Keller (KC Royals)
1. Cruz is batting in the 3 hole tonight with a 5.9 implied run total which outside of the Coors game is one of the highest of the night.
2. Top 15% batter vs. Righties.
3. Target Field is the #7 most hitter friendly ballpark.
4. Keller has been worse to RHB this season allowing a .310 wOBA and .151 ISO. These aren’t the best numbers but cruz is a good enough batter that he can still take advantage.
5. Cruz has 4 HR’s over his last 6 games and has a .235 ISO on the year vs RHP.
Also consider: D. Dahl (COL), F. Reyes (SD), C. Yelich (MIL), R. Braun (MIL), B. Buxton (MIN), R. Acuna (ATL), K. Davis (OAK), E. Rosario (MIN), J. Bruce (PHI), A. Riley (ATL), S. Choo (TEX), S. Ohtani (LAA).
Joey Zanette is a DailyPlayAction MLB expert, and shares his player research/projections for MLB on DraftKings and FanDuel. Joey plays on both sites himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.