Good morning Playmakers!!! Here we have today’s first look at a Core 5 of MLB DFS Picks to get your lineups started, as well as a few additional plays to be considered. These picks work for both DraftKings and FanDuel, so tune in and let’s get started! We’ll be researching and digging for our favorite plays throughout the day, so be sure to keep an eye out for our Stack Report, Expert Survey, and Premium Core plays to be released closer to lock.
Robbie Ray | Arizona | DK $7,900 | FD $9,300
Opponent | Colorado
1. Colorado leads the league in away strikeouts.
2. Colorado leads the league in strikeouts against left-handed pitchers.
3. Colorado has an implied run total of 3.9.
4. He has struck out 22 over his last 16.1 Innings pitched.
5. He has had success against Colorado this year, putting up 20+ DK points twice against them.
Others to Consider: G. Cole (HOU), K. Maeda (LAD), N. Syndergaard (NYM)
Jose Abreu | 1B | Chicago White Sox | DK $ 4,500 | FD $ 3,500
Opponent | Jon Lester
1. Lester has allowed 8 HR over his last 5 starts.
2. Abreu crushes LHP, holding a .583 SLG.
3. Abreu has a 160 wRC+ vs. LHP.
4. Abreu is projected to bat 3rd, leaving opportunity for production.
Jose Altuve | Houston Astros | 2B | DK $ 4,200 | FD $ 3,700
Opponent | Andrew Heaney
1. Altuve crushes LHP, having a wRC+ of 190.
2. The Astros are projected for 5.1 runs.
3. Heaney has allowed a HR in 6 of 7 starts this year.
4. Altuve has a .391 ISO against LHP.
5. Altuve has a .454 wOBA against LHP.
Others to Consider: A. Bregman (HOU) T. White (HOU) B. Belt (SF) N. Arenado (COL)
Jeff McNeill | New York Mets | DK $ 4,900 | FD $3,600
Opponent | Jon Lester
1. Lester has allowed nine home runs over his last six starts.
2. McNeil has a 167 wRC+ against LHP.
3. He has a .405 wOBA against LHP.
4. He has a .493 SLG vs.LHP.
5. He has a .448 BABIP vs. LHP.
Khris Davis | OF | Oakland Athletics | DK $ 4,300 | FD $3,700
Opponent | Marco Gonzales
1. He has a 141 wrc+ vs. LHP.
2. He has a .300 ISO vs. LHP.
3. He has a .586 SLG vs. LHP.
4. He is batting fourth in a lineup projected for over five runs.
5. Gonzales has an WHIP of 1.40.
Others to Consider: G. Springer (HOU) M. Conforto (NYM) M. Canha (OAK) C. Bellinger (LAD)
Trevor Raible is a DailyPlayAction MLB expert, and shares his player research/projections for MLB on DraftKings and FanDuel. Trevor plays on both sites himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.