Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here back to share my Men’s NCAABB picks with you tonight and every night, as tournament time approaches. This season I have floated around 59% ATS on over 250 picks, and feel I know these teams well enough to provide consistent winners. This article will have my picks but you can also follow my Twitter for all bets against the spread. My write-ups and any O/U action will be posted exclusively here on DPA!
- Daily Play Action ATS Record: 10-6-0
- Daily Play Action O/U Record: 6-1-0
- Season ATS Record: 162-114-7
Central Michigan -9 vs Western Michigan
- Central Michigan missed out on a first round bye so now they must play the bottom dwelling Western Michigan team for the second straight game. We bet the over here on Friday and won rather easily
- Western Michigan really has no shot in this tournament. They lost by seven in that game Friday but that was on their home court. Now they play in Mt. Pleasant where they were defeated 85-64 in February
- In their last ten games Central Michigan is 7-2-1 against the spread. On the season they averaged 82.4 points per game on 45.3% shooting
- Central Michigan was able to score 82 without Robert Montgomery in Friday’s game but he has a chance to suit up for this contest. Regardless Western Michigan will be able to keep up tonight, this game screams blowout to me
Wofford -6.5 vs UNC Greensboro
- KenPom ranks UNC Greensboro as the luckiest team in the country. Their play in the semifinal illustrates this as Furman missed seven of their final eight shots allowing Greensboro to win 66-62. Furman was shooting 53.5% on the day prior to those final four minutes
- Wofford has covered the spread in nine of their last ten games and own both a Top 40 offense and defense. They are hungry to stomp the team that kept them from a bid in both 2017 and 2018
- In their meetings this season Wofford won by 29 on the road and then a month later won by 30 on their home court. Even if it is the championship game this spread is too small to fade
- A win secures Wofford as undefeated in the SoCon which is incredible given the strength of the conference this season. As happy as it would make Commissioner Iamarino to secure two teams in the field of 68, I do not think Mike Young is going to let that happen.
Saint Mary’s -5 vs San Diego
- Every win for Saint Mary’s this season has been by at least six points. That includes going 7-2 in their last nine games, and those two losses being against the conference powerhouse Gonzaga
- Saint Mary’s won both match-ups this season by seventeen at home and by twenty on the road. While San Diego has already won three games in the tourney this spread is far too small
- Man defense has been successful in slowing down Saint Mary’s this season but I am not worried about it here. San Diego is an overall smaller team and with Saint Mary’s taking its time each possession I am not worried about their chances to score
- San Diego has shot 35% from three point range this season but has caught fire of late hitting at least seven threes in nine of their past ten games. Saint Mary’s defense can bring them back down to earth
I play every game I post so you should not be afraid to tail, but never go too heavy on any one game. These few weeks of hoops are a marathon not a sprint, so manage your bankroll appropriately. That being said scared money is lost money! Let’s win today Playmakers!