Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here back to share my Men’s NCAABB picks with you today and every day, as tournament time approaches. This season I have floated around 59% ATS on over 250 picks, and feel I know these teams well enough to provide consistent winners. This article will have my picks but you can also follow my Twitter for all bets against the spread. My write-ups and any O/U action will be posted exclusively here on DPA!
- Daily Play Action ATS Record: 13-7-0
- Daily Play Action O/U Record: 7-2-0
- Season ATS Record: 165-115-7
Virginia Tech -7.5 vs Miami
- The last game that Virginia Tech played was a fourteen point victory against Miami. They also beat them in Florida by twelve points earlier this season. In both games they were able to top 80 points
- Justin Robinson sitting out will not have a huge affect on the outcome here, as he sat out the regular season finale and only played nineteen minutes for Virginia Tech in the first match-up.
- Miami covered by just half a point in their first tournament game and do not have the talent offensively to keep pace with Virginia Tech. Not to mention the Tech defense holding opposing teams to an average of just 62.2 points per game
- Virginia Tech has covered in seven of the past eight meetings between these two teams including both games this season which each had larger spreads than the current line today
Colgate -4 vs Bucknell
- Colgate will be playing in the Patriot League championship where they fell to Bucknell last season, and four of the five starters on that team will want revenge for being kept out of the Big Dance last year
- These teams split the season series this year but Colgate came away with the eleven point victory at home. They again have that huge advantage earning the top seed and hosting the championship game
- Colgate has an average margin of victory of 11.5 points on their home court. They score an average of 75.3 points per game and have been rolling as of late, scoring at least those 75 in nine of their last ten
- Neither team had success against top teams this season but Colgate avoided the bad losses Bucknell suffered against teams like Canisius, Fairfield and Holy Cross. I trust Colgate to cover this spread with ease
Vanderbilt vs Texas A&M, Under 133
- TJ Starks was scoring 12.1 points per game for Texas A&M and since his season ending injury they are averaging a team total under 64
- Meanwhile, Vanderbilt has mailed it in to close out the season. They are 0-10 O/U in favor of the under and have almost no chance to break 60, even against the mediocre defense of Texas A&M
- Both of these teams are absolutely abysmal shooting the ball especially from beyond the arch. Vanderbilt shot 31.7% from three point land this season while Texas A&M was even worse at 30.5%
- In the first match-up between these teams the final totaled just 121 points. The line closed for that game at 135 so the under hit without any amount of sweat. That game was fewer than two weeks ago
I play every game I post so you should not be afraid to tail, but never go too heavy on any one game. These few weeks of hoops are a marathon not a sprint, so manage your bankroll appropriately. That being said scared money is lost money! Let’s win today Playmakers!