Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here back to share my Men’s NCAABB picks with you tonight and every night, as tournament time approaches. This season I have floated around 59% ATS on over 250 picks, and feel I know these teams well enough to provide consistent winners. This article will have my picks but you can also follow my Twitter for all bets against the spread. My write-ups and any O/U action will be posted exclusively here on DPA!
- Daily Play Action ATS Record: 6-4-0
- Daily Play Action O/U Record: 4-0-0
- Season ATS Record: 158-112-7
Texas -6 vs Texas Christian
- In their last ten games, Texas is 8-2 against the spread while TCU is 2-8. During conference play, TCU was a dismal 5-12 against the spread
- TCU has also lost six of their last seven games. Their one win was by just three points while those losses came by an average of 9.3 points
- Texas is probably the most underrated team in the country, with a record of 16-4 but are Top 50 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. Texas has the worst luck rating of any top 100 ranked team
- Texas has played the tenth most difficult strength of schedule and should finish the season strong with this win and cover. Texas is projected in the tournament field but has a chance to keep TCU out.
Texas Tech -2 at Iowa State
- In eight of their last nine games as favorites, Texas Tech has covered. Those victories have been by an average of 6.3 points
- It is doubtful that Marial Shayok will play on his senior night as he battles a foot injury. He sat out the last game and Iowa State fell by fifteen points to the 12-18 West Virginia Mountaineers
- A two point spread means nothing here. Every loss that Iowa State suffered has been by at least three points and every win by Texas Tech has been by at least four.
- Texas Tech is on fire winning ten of their last eleven games. A win will seal a share of the Big 12 title and they are hungry to avenge their loss against Iowa State earlier this season. Shayok scored 20 in that game.
Georgetown at Marquette, Over 155
- Markus Howard is not a senior but could be playing his last game at Fiserv Forum. He is consistent scoring 20 points in every game this season, breaking 50 twice. The likely unanimous Big East player of the year is a monster on offense.
- Marquette is fighting for a share of the regular season conference title and Georgetown is battling for a first round bye in the Big East tourney at Madison Square Garden
- Georgetown is 18-11 O/U in favor of the over and usually top the posted total by an average of 5.7 points
- In their first game these teams combined for 145 points but Markus Howard injured his back. That was the only game he did not play this season and Sam Hauser stepped up putting up a season high 31
Colorado -7 vs Southern California
- Back to Colorado! Teams have had trouble all season going up a mile in elevation to play at Boulder and USC is coming off of a road game at nearly as brutal Utah. Back to back games high in the mountains take a toll on these west coast teams, especially this late in the season.
- Colorado is now 10-4 against the spread at home this season with an average margin of victory of 13.4 points.
- Jonah Mathews should be back for USC after tweaking an ankle but Kevin Porter will likely be sidelined. This team is thin so his presence will be missed even though he is not the biggest impact on offense.
- USC as an away team is 2-8 against the spread this season which is the worst mark in all of the Pacific-12. They are also 0-10 as an underdog.
Oklahoma at Kansas State, Under 128
- This season both Oklahoma and Kansas State are 12-18 O/U in favor of the under. As the away team Oklahoma is 4-7 O/U and as the home team Kansas State is 4-10 O/U
- The defense of Kansas State is elite and has held opponents to an average of just 59.3 points per game. There is an argument to be made that Barry Brown is the best defensive player in the country.
- Dean Wade, Barry Brown and Kamau Stokes are starters primed for huge games on their senior nights. This trio played all four years together and will have no trouble holding Oklahoma under 60 points.
- Kansas State has had the total go under in their past three games. None have broken 127 and they’ve averaged out to 118 per game.
Washington -4.5 vs Oregon
- Matisse Thybulle is the game breaker here. The senior has the most steals in the country and has made the Washington defense a force to be reckoned with. The team is also second in the country in blocks.
- The weakness of Washington is their offensive rebounding but Oregon is not far off both averaging about 9.5 offensive boards per game.
- As a home team Washington is 9-5-1 against the spread with an average margin of victory of 12.8 points.
- The seniors on this team have not defeated Oregon on their home court during their career. If any team is going to pull it off it will be this one. This is the best Washington team in the past decade or so.
I play every game I post so you should not be afraid to tail, but never go too heavy on any one game. These few weeks of hoops are a marathon not a sprint, so manage your bankroll appropriately. That being said scared money is lost money! Let’s win today Playmakers!