Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the entire college season. Last year I was able to supply over 300 picks against the spread and finish the season cashing at a rate of just about 59%. As March Madness approached and I was brought on to write for DPA, readers were treated to a 45-27-2 record of sides and totals over the final month of the season. This season, betting write-ups will posted exclusively on DPA almost every day but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates.
- Current Season Record: 156-145-4
- Previous Season Record: 180-127-9
Southern Illinois +1 vs Drake
- There is not a ton to like about this Southern Illinois team, but they should be able to win this game against Drake today. Their offense is difficult to trust but I am going to put faith in this squad to defend well and win a huge game here at home. Drake won both games last season
- Southern Illinois sits at 8-10 on the season but keep in mind that six losses were to Quadrant II or better teams. This game will not pose as much of a challenge and as long as they can defend the inside shot, I believe they are the rightful favorite for this contest
- Drake is 1-4 against the spread on the road this season and have been struggling more and more each game without Tremell Murphy and Joseph Yesufu. The first team to 60 points will likely be the winner here and I think it is unlikely Southern Illinois is beat to that number
East Carolina vs Cincinnati, Over 137.5
- This is a great number for us to attack as we watch two teams battle for position in their conference standings. Both teams are scoring an average of 70 points per game and we could see a very high score develop with how lopsided this contest may end up being
- Despite struggling this year East Carolina has not slowed down one bit on the hardwood. They are still running very up tempo and should be able to come away with at least 60 points here against Cincinnati. Let’s hope they stick to fundamentals avoid the three
- Jarron and Jaevin Cumberland should eat in this game against the defense of the Pirates. The road loss to Memphis was a huge turning point in the season for the Bearcats and if they want to keep their tournament hopes alive they must play much cleaner basketball down the stretch
California +8.5 at UCLA
- I think the plain truth for this game is we are getting too many points with California. Playing just a few hours down the coast should not be an issue for the Golden Bears and this rivalry game should be a lot closer than Vegas is predicting. Hammer Cal in this one
- UCLA has dominated recent meetings between these squads, but this season is a different story in the Pac 12 conference. Mick Cronin is going to have his hands full down the stretch and could end up overlooking this very talented California squad
- The reason UCLA is so easy to bet against is thanks to their inconsistencies on both sides of the floor. The only thing you can rely on in this game is California winning the three-point contest. That should speak to both the offense and the defense of the Bruins
Let’s win today Playmakers! I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!