Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Last year I was able to supply over 300 picks against the spread and finish the season cashing at a rate of just about 59%. As March Madness approached and I was brought on to write for DPA, readers were treated to a 45-27-2 record of sides and totals over the final month of the season. This season, betting write-ups will posted exclusively on DPA almost every day but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. If you to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Current Season Record: 250-256-7
- Previous Season Record: 180-127-9
Wake Forest +2.5 vs Pittsburgh
- The much better team in this contest is Wake Forest and they are playing with a slight home court advantage. They were also able to beat Pittsburgh by four points on the road this season. Olivier Sarr is just too big to contain at center and Brandon Childress is red hot
- Wake Forest covered all four of their neutral court games this season. They also have won their last four games when facing the Panthers. I think Pittsburgh is a team that’s lost seven straight and should be ready to call this a season. They should not be favored
- Pittsburgh is one of the least efficient shooting teams in the entire country. They are making just 40 percent of their shots and are one of a few teams that make under 30 percent from beyond the arc. I do not think they shoot well enough to win this afternoon
Vermont -16 vs UMBC
- This is a huge revenge game for the Catamounts who look to finish another dream season with a March Madness appearance. UMBC was able to steal a two-point victory against them in late February but tonight’s game will look a lot more like their first meeting
- Keep in mind this conference tournament is being played in Vermont’s home gym. Anthony Lamb has been showing out in his senior season and has a squad around him poised for a second weekend run. However, this still may be a bubble squad who needs this automatic bid to qualify
- It is also important to note that UMBC went 10-18 from three-point range in their last meeting with Vermont when their season average from three is just 31 percent. They do not have a true guard that can make consistent buckets like they had with Darnell Rogers
North Carolina vs Virginia Tech, Under 142
- If you look at the last meeting between these two teams you will notice they scored a total of just 120 points before playing two overtime periods. We are getting a lot of value on the low here and I think it’s very unlikely the winner will score anywhere north of 70 here
- Virginia Tech has hit four straight unders and have been playing at a snail’s pace to close out the year. This is the highest total that they will be facing during that stretch and I anticipate it will be the easiest under as well. North Carolina is hot but not hot enough
- Take away those overtime periods and these squads are 1-7 to the under in their last eight meetings. Usually it is a defensive battle when the programs here clash and there is no better time to lock in defensively than in their conference tourney. Lock in this under
Let’s win today Playmakers! I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!