Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Last year I was able to supply over 300 picks against the spread and finish the season cashing at a rate of just about 59%. As March Madness approached and I was brought on to write for DPA, readers were treated to a 45-27-2 record of sides and totals over the final month of the season. This season, betting write-ups will posted exclusively on DPA almost every day but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. If you to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Current Season Record: 249-253-7
- Previous Season Record: 180-127-9
Michigan +4.5 at Maryland
- I gave you these teams with great future odds earlier in the year and both are looking to finish the season strong and make a deep run in March. Unfortunately, the Terps have not looked themselves as of late and I really prefer Michigan and the points in this one
- Maryland has lost three of the last four in an ugly way, and barely squeaked out a single point victory in the one win. Playing at home on senior day should be a small boost but the Wolverines will not make it easy to secure a share of the Big Ten title. It will be close
- Losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State really hurt Michigan but the wins to Purdue and Rutgers were just as meaningful. In my eyes this is a coinflip outright and I have to trust the team that has been just a bit more consistent. That team is the Wolverines entering today
Michigan State -6.5 vs Ohio State
- In addition to the above Terrapins we also have Sparty looking for a share of the Big Ten regular season title this afternoon. I think this is going to be one of those games at the Breslin Center in March where Michigan State puts on a show. They should cover easily
- Cassius Winston is the best player on the court and will be playing his final home game this afternoon. After what seemed to be a bit less special season for the guard, he is ready to finish strong and carry this team to another second weekend. He will score at least 20 points in this one
- Ohio State has not won a Quadrant I home game since February 4th and I think they are just a bit too stagnant on offense to compete with the Spartans here. Especially with Kyle Young sidelined again they just lack the weapons needed to keep pace with Michigan State
Illinois -3 vs Iowa
- We finish our Big Ten trifecta in Champaign where an erratic Illini squad looks to finish their season strong. Iowa did beat them in the first meeting but here today I expect more involvement from Kofi Cockburn up front to shut down the dangerous Luka Garza
- Ryan Kriener and Cordell Pemsl could either start or sit but I do not think either will play at 100 percent this evening. Illinois is already elite as scoring inside the paint so I think a healthy dose of action inside will be enough for them here. I have them winning 76-70
- Iowa has an offense that has dropped about six fewer points while on the road this season. If they are not able to catch fire from outside this physical game could get out of hand very fast. I am confident in this pick and will be backing the Illini very heavy here
Let’s win today Playmakers! I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!