Hey Playmakers, thanks for joining me for todays edition of The Pop Fly. Today I will be outlining my favorite picks for tonights 14 Game MLB Main Slate on DraftKings. Things are starting to heat up for the playoff race and we now have a large sample size on the season, so lets get right into it.
P | Zach Eflin | Philadelphia Phillies | $8,500
Opponent: San Diego Padres
- Eflin has been very good this year as he has increased his velocity and started using his slider more effectively while also raising his swinging strike rate to 10.1%.
- The Phillies are largely favored on the road in a very pitcher friendly ballpark.
- San Diego has a 23.5% K Rate and only a .273 wOBA vs. RHP.
- Over his last 10 games Eflin has averaged 17.9 DK points where only 3 bad games have brought his average down under 20.
- Projected ownership is in the single digits to get you some separation from the field when he has the outing I expect.
Also Consider: Blake Snell | TB | $9,900 (may be on a pitch count), Jon Gray | COL | $7,700, Nathan Eovaldi | BOS | $9,700.
3B | Mike Moustakas | Milwaukee Brewers | $4,500
Opponent: Kevin Gausman (ATL)
- I’ll be looking to stack up some Milwaukee LHB vs. Kevin Gausamn tonight. The Brewers have a .321 wOBA & .188 ISO vs. RHP.
- Gausman has also been giving up 29.9% hard contact over the last month so look for Moustakas to go yard with his new team tonight.
- Over his last 20 starts vs. Gausman, Moustakas has a .230 AVG, .335 wOBA, and .157 ISO.
- R/L splits to consider over the last 150 games: 20 HR, 55 RBI, .215 ISO, .327 wOBA, and .047 HR/ PA.
3B/SS | Eduardo Escobar | Arizona Diamondbacks | $4,400
Opponent: Anthony DeSclafani (CIN)
- Batting 5th in a good game to stack with a 5 run implied total.
- DeSclafani Is 249th in the league vs. LHB, giving up 2.22 points per plate appearance.
- Escobar is a top 10% hitter vs RHP.
- Top 85% in barreled balls in the last 10 days with 3.
- Splits over the last 150 games: 23 HR, 75 RBI, .309 ISO, .384 wOBA, and .054 HR/PA.
1B/3B Miguel Sano | Minnesota Twins | $4,100
Opponent: Jordan Zimmerman (DET)
- Sano is batting clean up tonight in the #4 most hitter friendly park: Comerica Park.
- Zimmerman, as well as the Detroit bullpen, struggle vs RHB. Zimmerman gives up 2.14 points per PA.
- Sano has a top 95% exit velocity vs. RHP over the last 14 days at 94.4 Mph.
- Over his last 20 starts vs. Zimmerman, Sano has a .302 AVG, .359 wOBA, .203 ISO, and .042 HR/ PA.
Also Consider: Eugenio Suarez | CIN | 3B | $4,600, Eduardo Nunez | BOS | 2B/3B | $3,900, Jesus Aguilar | MIL | 1B | $5,200.
Christian Yelich | Milwaukee Brewers | $5,700
Opponent: Kevin Gausman (ATL)
- I’m loving a mini LHB brewers stack tonight and Yelich is batting 2nd as a top 10% batter vs. RHP with 2.21 points per PA this season.
- Top 85% batter in barreled balls and top 90% avg. exit velocity vs. RHP over the last 14 days. ( 3 barreled balls/ 93.4 Mph)
- R/L splits over the last 150 games: .304 AVG, 15 SB, 18 HR, 61 RBI, .208 ISO, & .388 wOBA.
David Peralta | Arizona Diamondbacks | $5,500
Opponent: Anthony DeScalfini (CIN)
- Arizona is another preferred stack of mine tonight and Peralta is my favorite bat of the Diamondbacks.
- Peralta is batting 3rd as a top 10% batter vs RH pitchers with a 5 run implied total; I expect Peralta to get on base and drive in runs tonight.
- Splits vs. Pitcher over his last 20 games: .257 AVG, .371 wOBA, .249 ISO, and .061 HR/PA.