Hey Playmakers!!! There won’t be a full article today, but we will give you our “Pop Fly”. This will be 5 core picks to utilize in your lineups today, with reasons why to pick each player. I want to add as a side note that my ideal pitcher today was Berrios, but due to weather concerns I chose to not write him up. If the weather ends up not becoming a factor there, I would defer to Berrios.
theDPA ‘Pop Fly’ Core 5:
P | Freddy Peralta | MIL | $9,300
Opponent: Colorado Rockies
- Peralta has a 11.98 K/9 rate. The number is slightly higher at home. He has a projected K total of 7.5 tonight. Easy opportunity to rack up points with strikeouts.
- He is better against RHB, posting a .064 AVG, a .118 SLG and a .153 wOBA against RHB. Colorado has 5 projected righties.
- Colorado has 6 players (not counting the pitcher) that have a K rate of 19% or higher.
- The Rockies are bad on the road, ranking 26th in batting average (.231) and 7th most strikeouts.
- Peralta put up 41 DK points against the Rockies on May 13th, and that was in Colorado. He racked up 13 strikeouts in that game.
Also consider: James Paxton (SEA) Zach Eflin (PHI) Jose Berrios (MIN)
1B/OF | Matt Adams | WSH | $4,200
Opponent: Matt Harvey (CIN)
1. He has a .283 ISO against RHP
2. Washington is projected for 5.8 runs, tied for most on the slate
3. Harvey struggles with LHB, allowing a .482 SLG and a .215 ISO.
4. Adams has a .395 wOBA against RHP, and Harvey allows a .349 wOBA to LHB.
5. Harvey is bad on the road, especially to LHB. He allows lefties to hit a .310 BA, A .535 SLG and a .378 wOBA on the road.
3B | Anthony Rendon | WSH | $4,300
Opponent: Matt Harvey (CIN)
- He has a good BVP against Harvey, going 10-26 with 3 XBH, 5 RBI and a home run.
- Rendon is batting 2nd, and is integral part of any Nationals stack.
- Harvey struggles with RHB as well. Righties have a .256 BA and a .450 SLG against him.
- Harvey’s favorite pitch is the fastball. He throws that over 35% of the time. Rendon has a .415 wOBA against fastballs.
- Harvey resorts to the sinker 26% of the some, and Rendon has a .409 wOBA vs. the sinker.
Also consider: Freddie Freeman (ATL) Francisco Lindor (CLE) Paul Goldschmidt (ARZ)
3B/OF | Danny Valencia | BAL | $3,900 |
Opponent: Mike Minor (TEX)
1. Baltimore is projected to score 4.8 runs, and Valencia is batting 5th. He will have plenty of chances to get some RBI’s.
2. He hits LHP very well with a .214 ISO and a .390 wOBA.
3. Minor allows a .238 ISO and a .347 wOBA to right handed batters.
4. Valencia isn’t too expensive sitting at $3,900, getting you cheap exposure to a high implied run total.
5. Minor throws the fastball almost 50% of the time. Valencia has a .437 wOBA against fastballs.
OF | Nelson Cruz | SEA | $4,900
Opponent: Marco Estrada (TOR)
1. Estrada struggles on the road, a lot. He allows righties to hit a .282 BA, .505 SLG and a .353 wOBA against him on the road.
2. Cruz has .255 ISO and a .371 wOBA against RHP.
3. Cruz has had a lot of success against Estrada. He is 6-13 with 2 HR’s and 3 XBH.
4. Estrada allows 1.54 HR/9 and 11 of the 16 HR he has allowed have come against RHB.
5. Cruz bats in the heart of a Seattle lineup that has an implied run total of almost 5. He is also on a late game, which will drive ownership down.
Also consider: Mitch Haniger (SEA) A.J. Pollock (ARZ) Shin-Soo Choo (TEX) Juan Soto (WSH)
Trevor Raible is a resident MLB analyst for DPA. He plays both Draftkings and Fanduel. Picks are subject to change without notice. DPA and Trevor Raible are not responsible for losses accrued in playing these picks.