Hey Playmakers!!! We aren’t going to have a full article for you for this slate – but we ARE still going to give you a Core-5 (with 5 reasons for each) to get your lineups started as well as a few additional plays to consider. Be sure to monitor the weather and batting orders prior to lock, have fun and good luck!
theDPA ‘Pop Fly’ Core 5:
P | Aaron Nola | Philadelphia Philiies | $10,000
Opponent: Miami Marlins
1. He is reasonably priced at $10k, excellent upside in this spot.
2. The Marlins implied total is a meager 3 Runs.
3. His 3.44 xFIP is easily one of the best on this slate.
4. He has an impressive 11.8% Swinging Strike Rate.
4. He has shown a 60+ point ceiling this season.
Also consider: D. Duffy (KC), J. Flaherty (STL), L. Castillo (CIN)
IF/2B | Javier Baez | Chicago Cubs | $4,300
Opponent: Joey Luchessi (SDP)
1. Hitting in the middle of a Cubs lineup that is projected to score 6+ Runs.
2. He has shown 30+ point upside on multiple occasions this season – great power.
3. His opponent struggles with righties – allowing a .214 ISO vs. them this season.
4. Has a .225 ISO and a .393 wOBA vs. LHP coming into this game.
5. The wind is blowing out in Wrigley – a MAJOR BUMP to hitters.
IF/3B | Christian Villanueva | San Diego Padres | $2,600
Opponent: Jon Lester (CHC)
1. His opponent is allowing a 37.4% Fly Ball Rate.
2. He has shown 20+ point upside on multiple occasions this season – sneaky power.
3. Matt Harvey is allowing a 10.1% Value Hit Rate vs. LHB this season.
4. He has a .422 ISO and .461 wOBA against lefties this season.
5. He is very cheap at this $2,600 price.
Also consider: J. Martinez (STL), J. Gyorko (STL), F. Lindor (CLE), J. Ramirez (CLE), Y. Alonso (CLE), T. Barnhart (CIN)
OF | Shohei Ohtani | Los Angeles Angels | $3,100
Opponent: Matt Harvey (CIN)
1. He scored 56+ points two nights ago – tremendous upside.
2. He has a .328 ISO and .411 wOBA vs. RHP this season.
3. He has a ridiculous 14.1% Value Hit percentage in 2018.
4. Severely under-priced at $3,100 – cash game lock.
5. Bieber is allowing a .245 ISO to LHB this season.
OF | Franmil Reyes | San Diego Padres | $2,100
Opponent: Jon Lester (CHC)
1. Hitting in the middle of a Padres lineup that is projected to score 5+ Runs.
2. Excellent underrated power bat – just got called back up from AAA.
3. The wind is blowing out in Wrigley – a MAJOR BUMP to hitters.
4. Has a .452 wOBA vs. LHP coming into this game.
5. Provides value so you can fit in more expensive bats.
Also consider: H. Renfroe (SDP), I. Happ (CHC), N. Williams (PHI), K. Calhoun (LAA), M. Brantley (CLE), M. Margot (SDP), M. Conforto (NYM)
Nick Marro is the DailyPlayAction resident MLB expert, and shares his player projections for MLB on FanDuel. Nick plays FanDuel himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.
Follow Nick on Twitter @NickMarroDFS.