Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a Core-5 of Picks (with 5 reasons for each) to get your lineups started as well as a few additional plays to consider. Be sure to monitor the weather and batting orders prior to lock, have fun and good luck!
theDPA ‘Pop Fly’ Core 5:
P | Gerrit Cole | Houston Astros | $10,800
Opponent: New York Mets
1. He has a 7.5 (-143) KProp via Vegas, one of the best on the slate.
2. His 3.11 xFIP is among the best on the slate.
3. Vegas has the Angels’ implied total at a meager 2.90 Runs.
4. He has an impressive 13.9% Swinging Strike Rate this season.
5. He has an impressive 34.7% K-Rate on the season.
Also consider: J. DeGrom (NYM), L. Castillo (CIN), C. Sabathia (NYY), W. Chen (MIA), S. Reid-Foley (TOR)
IF/1B | Justin Bour | Philadelphia Phillies | $2,700
Opponent: Julio Teheran (ATL)
1. His $2,700 price tag allows you to pay up elsewhere.
2. He has a .452 CXwOBA vs. RHP this season.
3. He has a respectable .223 ISO vs. RHP this season.
4. Teheran is allowing an ugly 41% Hard Contact Rate to LHB this season.
5. He has had success off Teheran through 18 ABs, .333 ISO.
IF/SS | Didi Gregorious | New York Yankees | $3,900
Opponent: Yefry Ramirez (BAL)
1. Yefry Ramirez is due for major regression – 5.31 xFIP.
2. He has an impressive .254 ISO vs. RHP this season.
3. Ramirez struggles with lefties – allowing a .368 wOBA to LHP in 2018.
4. He see’s Ramirez well – recording 4 hits through just 5 ABs.
5. Hitting in the middle of a Yankees lineup projected to score 5.9+ Runs.
Also consider: N. Walker (NYY), S. Perez (KCR), M. Machado (LAD), J. Turner (LAD), E. Suarez (CIN), A. Mondesi (KC), D. Freese (LAD)
OF | Jay Bruce | New York Mets | $2,500
Opponent: Joe Ross (WAS)
1. He has an impressive .241 ISO vs. RHP since the start of 2017.
2. His $2,500 price tag allows you to pay up elsewhere.
3. He is locked in – hit a HR and had 2 BBs last night.
4. Ross is allowing an ugly .248 ISO to LHB since the start of 2017.
5. His 10% Value Hit Rate is the best on his team.
OF | Christin Stewart | Detroit Tigers | $2,500
Opponent: Ian Kennedy (KC)
1. He has an impressive .212 ISO vs. RHP this season (small sample).
2. He has a solid .385 wOBA vs. LHP this season (small sample).
3. Outstanding underpriced prospect- rare power/speed combo.
4. His bat is heating up, hit 2 HRs last night.
5. Kennedy is allowing a 40.9% Hard Contact Rate to LHB this season.
Also consider: A. Hicks (NYY), A. McCutchen (NYY), R. Grichuk (TOR), N. Castellanos (DET), K. Kiermaier (TBR), M. Kepler (MIN), M. Kemp (LAD), E. Hernandez (LAD)
Nick Marro is the DailyPlayAction resident MLB expert, and shares his player projections for MLB on FanDuel. Nick plays FanDuel himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.
Follow Nick on Twitter @NickMarroDFS.