Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a Core-5 of Picks (with 5 reasons for each) to get your lineups started as well as a few additional plays to consider. Be sure to monitor the weather and batting orders prior to lock, have fun and good luck!
theDPA ‘Pop Fly’ Core 5:
P | Max Scherzer | Washington Nationals | $12,400
Opponent: Miami Marlins
1. He has a 9.5 (-114) KProp via Vegas, the best on the slate.
2. His 3.25 xFIP is among the best on the slate.
3. Vegas has the Marlins’ implied total at a meager 2.29 Runs.
4. He has an impressive 16.1% Swinging Strike Rate this season.
5. He is still competing for the CY Young Award – he has added incentive to do well.
Also consider: W. Buehler (LAD), C. Stratton (SFG), J. James (HOU), T. Toussaint (ATL)
IF/C | Matt Wieters | Washington Nationals | $2,200
Opponent: Jeff Brigham (MIA)
1. He’s on fire with HRs in back-to-back games coming into tonight.
2. He has a respectable .341 wOBA vs. RHP since the start of 2017.
3. Brigham is allowing an awful .250 ISO to RHH this season (small sample).
4. Brigham’s 5.99 xFIP is among the worst on the slate.
5. Wieters is hitting in the middle of a Nationals lineup projected to score 5.2+ Runs.
IF/SS | Hernan Perez | Milwaukee Brewers | $2,400
Opponent: Austin Gomber (STL)
1. His $2,400 price tag allows you to pay up elsewhere.
2. He has an impressive .211 ISO vs. LHP this season.
3. Gomber’s 4.96 xFIP suggests he’s due for major regression.
4. He has 25+ point upside as he’s already shown – solid power bat.
5. He has an impressive 39.1% Hard Contact Rate against LHP this season.
Also consider: N. Arenado (COL), A. Bregman (HOU), T. Turner (WAS), J. Ramirez (CLE), M. Zunino (SEA), D. Murphy (CHC), C. Spangenberg (SDP), W. Ramos (PHI), J. Fernandez (LAA), Y. Grandal (LAD), M. Muncy (LAD)
OF | David Dahl | Colorado Rockies | $3,600
Opponent: Vince Velasquez (PHI)
1. He has an impressive .256 ISO vs. RHP in 2018.
2. He gets a major power boost hitting in Coors (high altitude)
3. Velasquez is allowing an awful .233 ISO to LHB this season.
4. He’s hitting at the top of a Rockies lineup projected to score 6+ Runs.
5. He provides a nice discount off of Blackmon who is priced $700 higher.
OF | Ryan Braun | Milwaukee Brewers | $2,900
Opponent: Austin Gomber (STL)
1. He has an impressive .262 ISO vs. LHP this season.
2. He has a solid .549 CXwOBA vs. LHP this season.
3. His 14.7% Value Hit Rate is among the best on the slate.
4. Gomber’s 4.96 xFIP suggests he’s due for major regression.
5. He has an impressive 53.8% Hard Contact Rate against LHP this season.
Also consider: C. Blackmon (COL), R. Hoskins (PHI), O. Herrera (PHI), A. McCutchen (NYY), J. Pederson (LAD), G. Springer (HOU), K. Calhoun (LAA), M. Trout (LAA), S. Ohtani (LAA), C. Stewart (DET), B. Zobrist (CHC)
Nick Marro is the DailyPlayAction resident MLB expert, and shares his player projections for MLB on FanDuel. Nick plays FanDuel himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.
Follow Nick on Twitter @NickMarroDFS.