Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a Core-5 of MLB DFS Picks (with 5 reasons for each) to get your lineups started as well as a few additional plays to consider. Be sure to monitor the weather and batting orders prior to lock, have fun and good luck!
theDPA ‘Pop Fly’ Core 5:
P | Chris Sale | Boston Red Sox | $11,000
Opponent: Baltimore Orioles
1. He has a 7 (-114) KProp via Vegas, among the best on the slate.
2. His 2.37 xFIP is among the best on the slate.
3. Vegas has the Orioles’ implied total at a meager 2.53 Runs.
4. He has an impressive 16% Swinging Strike Rate this season.
5. He is still competing for the CY Young Award – he has added incentive to do well.
***Please Note: Sale is only expected to throw 90 pitches tonight. Still, I’m happy to roster him here as I expect him to flirt with 8+ Ks regardless.
Also consider: J. DeGrom (NYM), G. Marquez (COL), J. Odorizzi (MIN), M. Boyd (DET)
IF/C | Mike Zunino | Seattle Mariners | $2,400
Opponent: Edwin Jackson (OAK)
1. His $2,400 Price Tag allows you to pay up elsewhere.
2. Jackson continues to regress – he is now allowing a 36% Hard Contact Rate to RHB.
3. Zunino has an impressive 9.7% Value Hit Rate vs. RHP this season.
4. Swinging a hot bat – he has 4 straight games with 12+ FanDuel points.
5. He has an impressive .502 CXwOBA vs. RHP this season.
IF/SS | Andrelton Simmons | Los Angeles Angels | $2,700
Opponent: Yohander Mendez (TEX)
1. His $2,700 price tag makes him an excellent value play at a thin position.
2. His 88% Contact Rate is one of the highest on the slate – he WILL put the ball in play.
3. Mendez’s 5.32 xFIP is one of the worst on the slate.
4. He has 25+ point upside and he’s already shown it – solid power and speed.
5. Hitting in the middle of an Angels lineup projected to score 4.8+ Runs.
Also consider: R. Devers (BOS), A. Rizzo (CHC), F. Lindor (CLE), D. Murphy (CHC), B. Swihart (BOS), M. Semien (OAK), E. Hosmer (SDP)
OF | David Dahl | Colorado Rockies | $4,000
Opponent: Nick Pivetta (PHI)
1. He has an impressive .267 ISO vs. RHP in 2018.
2. He gets a major power boost hitting in Coors (high altitude)
3. Pivetta is allowing a suspect 35.4% Hard Contact Rate this season.
4. He’s hitting at the top of a Rockies lineup projected to score 5.8+ Runs.
5. He provides a nice discount off of Blackmon who is priced $500 higher.
OF | Ian Happ | Chicago Cubs | $2,800
Opponent: Ivan Nova (PIT)
1. He has an impressive .204 ISO vs. RHP this season.
2. He has a solid .518 CXwOBA vs. RHP this season.
3. His $2,800 price tag allows you to pay up at other positions.
4. Nova is allowing an awful .214 ISO to LHB this season.
5. He has an impressive 41.5% Hard Contact Rate against RHP this season.
Also consider: C. Blackmon (COL), K. Davis (OAK), C. Yelich (MIL), S. Travis (BOS), J. Osuna (PIT), H. Renfroe (SDP), D. Palka (CWS), P. Reyes (PIT), N. Martini (OAK),
Nick Marro is the DailyPlayAction resident MLB expert, and shares his player projections for MLB on FanDuel. Nick plays FanDuel himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.
Follow Nick on Twitter @NickMarroDFS.