Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a Core-5 of MLB DFS Picks (with 5 reasons for each) to get your lineups started as well as a few additional plays to consider. Be sure to monitor the weather and batting orders prior to lock, have fun and good luck!
theDPA ‘Pop Fly’ Core 5:
P | Marco Gonzalez | Seattle Mariners | $6,300
Opponent: Texas Rangers
1. Gonzales is coming of a W against this same Rangers lineup in Texas on 9/22.
2. His 3.65 xFIP is among the best on the slate.
3. Vegas has the Rangers’ implied total is at just 3.87 Runs.
4. Texas has the 5th most Ks against LHP this season.
5. His $6,300 price tag allows you to pay up for bats.
**PLEASE NOTE: I don’t trust the weather in Baltimore – otherwise, Gerrit Cole would be my favorite option. I would limit your Cash Games tonight and stick your plays to mostly GPPs.
Also consider: G. Cole (HOU), T. Williams (PIT), S. Gonsalves (MIN)
IF/C | Mike Zunino | Seattle Mariners | $2,400
Opponent: Ariel Jurado (TEX)
1. His $2,400 Price Tag allows you to pay up elsewhere.
2. Jurado has been terrible this season recording a 5.48 xFIP.
3. Zunino has an impressive 9.7% Value Hit Rate vs. RHP this season.
4. Swinging a hot bat – he has 4 straight games with 12+ FanDuel points.
5. He has an impressive .502 CXwOBA vs. RHP this season.
IF/3B| Alex Bregman | Houston Astros | $4,400
Opponent: David Hess (BAL)
1. He has an impressive .247 ISO vs. RHP this season.
2. His 87.5% Contact Rate is one of the highest on the slate – he WILL put the ball in play.
3. Hess’s 5.32 xFIP is one of the worst on the slate.
4. He has 40+ point upside and he’s already shown it – impressive power.
5. Hitting in the middle of an Astros lineup projected to score 5.2+ Runs.
Also consider: J. Donaldson (CLE), J. Altuve (HOU), A. Rizzo (CHC), J. Baez (CHC), F. Cervelli (PIT), S. Perez (KCR), H. Dozier (KCR), L. Forsythe (MIN)
OF | Starling Marte | Pittsburgh Pirates | $3,200
Opponent: Jon Lester (CHC)
1. He is under-priced at $3,200 – major upside at this price.
2. He gets a major power boost with the wind blowing out in Wrigley.
3. Lester is allowing a suspect 33.3% Hard Contact Rate this season.
4. He has an impressive .433 CXwOBA vs. LHP this season.
5. Lester’s 4.58 xFIP suggests he is due for continued regression.
OF | Nelson Cruz | Seattle Mariners | $4,100
Opponent: Ariel Jurado (TEX)
1. He has an impressive .243 ISO vs. RHP this season.
2. He has a solid .494 CXwOBA vs. RHP this season.
3. Jurado has an awful 5.48 xFIP this season.
4. Hitting in the middle of a Mariners lineup projected to score 5.1+ Runs.
5. He has an impressive 39.2% Hard Contact Rate vs. RHP this season.
Also consider: M. Haniger (SEA), S. Marte (PIT), R. Acuna Jr. (ATL), J. Gallo (TEX), C. Stewart (DET), J. Bruce (NYM), K. Tucker (HOU), I. Happ (CHC), A. Gordon (KCR)
Nick Marro is the DailyPlayAction resident MLB expert, and shares his player projections for MLB on FanDuel. Nick plays FanDuel himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.
Follow Nick on Twitter @NickMarroDFS.