Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you a Core-5 of MLB DFS Picks (with 5 reasons for each) to get your lineups started as well as a few additional plays to consider. Be sure to monitor the weather and batting orders prior to lock, have fun and good luck!
theDPA ‘Pop Fly’ Core 5:
P | Gerrit Cole | Houston Astros | $11,400
Opponent: Baltimore Orioles
1. His 7.5 (-171) KProp is the best on the slate.
2. His 3.08 xFIP is among the best on the slate.
3. Vegas has the Orioles implied total is at just 3.20 Runs.
4. He has an impressive 14.1% Swinging Strike Rate this season.
5. He is holding both righties and lefties to a sub .300 wOBA this season.
Also consider: M. Clevinger (CLE), M. Foltynewicz (ATL), T. Glasnow (TBR)
IF/C | Mike Zunino | Seattle Mariners | $2,400
Opponent: Martin Perez (LHP)
1. His $2,400 Price Tag allows you to pay up elsewhere.
2. Perez has been terrible this season recording a 5.06 xFIP.
3. Zunino has an impressive 39% Hard Contact Rate vs. LHP this season.
4. Swinging a hot bat – he has scored 12+ FanDuel points in 4 of his last 5 games.
5. He has an impressive .420 CXwOBA vs. LHP this season.
IF/3B| Travis Shaw | Milwaukee Brewers | $4,100
Opponent: Jordan Zimmerman (DET)
1. He has an impressive .290 ISO vs. RHP this season.
2. He has an impressive 41% Hard Contact Rate vs. RHP this season.
3. Zimmerman struggles against lefties, allowing a .228 ISO this season.
4. He has 40+ point upside and he’s already shown it – impressive power.
5. Hitting in the middle of an Brewers lineup projected to score 5.38+ Runs.
Also consider: J. Donaldson (CLE), J. Altuve (HOU), P. O’Brien (MIA), G. Torres (NYY), T. Flowers (ATL), J. Bour (PHI), C.J. Cron (TBR), M. Reynolds (WAS), D. Freese (LAD)
OF | Jay Bruce | Pittsburgh Pirates | $2,700
Opponent: Jose Urena (MIA)
1. He is under-priced at $2,700 – major upside at this price.
2. He has an impressive .238 ISO vs. RHP since the start of 2017.
3. Urena is allowing a suspect 37.4% Hard Contact Rate this season.
4. He has an impressive .431 CXwOBA vs. RHP this season.
5. Bruce already has 2 HRs off Urena (5 for 15) through 15 ABs.
OF | Giancarlo Stanton | New York Yankees | $4,400
Opponent: Brian Johnson (BOS)
1. He has a ridiculous .340 ISO vs. LHP this season.
2. He has an impressive .592 CXwOBA vs. LHP this season.
3. Johnson has an ugly 34.7% hard contact rate to RHB this season.
4. Hitting in the middle of a Yankees lineup projected to score 4.7+ Runs.
5. He has an impressive 55.5% Hard Contact Rate vs. LHP this season.
Also consider: A. McCutchen (NYY), C. Yelich (MIL), L. Cain (MIL), V. Robles (WAS), J. Soto (WAS), D. Dahl (COL), O. Herrera (PHI), A. Meadows (TBR), K. Calhoun (LAA), A. Hicks (NYY), J. Gallo (TEX), M. Kemp (LAD)
Nick Marro is the DailyPlayAction resident MLB expert, and shares his player projections for MLB on FanDuel. Nick plays FanDuel himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies without notice.
Follow Nick on Twitter @NickMarroDFS.